The Faith Council consists of children from Year 6 who assist Miss Brady, Mr Lloyd and Mrs Molloy in all faith matters in the school, including whole school worships, celebration assemblies and services in church. In a church service of each year, members of the Faith Council are inducted at a special service in which they make their Faith Council promise which is:
The Faith Council Promise
As members of the Faith Council we promise that we will always do our best;
To serve God
To show respect when praying
To show kindness and friendship to others
To care for others in our school community
To do what is right even when it may be difficult
We pray that we will keep our school vision in all that we do and say
“Growing in God’s Love, Learning as we go!”
Faith Council Job Description
Faith Councilors will:
1. Assist with RE worship
2. Assist with religious displays
3. Assist with charity events
4. Assist with preparing Whole School Worship, Church Services, Christmas Carol Service etc.
5. Promote St James’ vision and profile throughout the school community.
6. Be approachable, providing support and guidance to students at all levels in the school, thereby fostering a sense of community within the school.
7. Attend Faith Council meetings.
8. Represent the views of their class and communicate information to their class about matters relating to school life